We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate developer with solid experience in delivering excellent full-stack web applications to join this engineering-led company. Successful candidates will get to join an exciting project with the potential to revolutionise the work of scientists in laboratories around the world. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, diverse and highly talented team of developers, engineers and scientists working to reinvent data management for the 21st century.
- Design and implement a web application based on interactions with users.
- Commitment to take user stories through an agile development process to deliver tangible value to the user.
- Collect and examine multiple, highly complex user workflows and define solutions.
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to implement a solution that is both comprehensive, yet attractive and simple to use.
- Ensure product consistency and quality.
- Analysing user requirements
- Writing and testing code, refining and rewriting it as necessary
- Researching, designing and writing new software programs
- Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work
- Developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together
- Creating technical specifications
- Writing systems to control the scheduling of jobs or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems
- Writing operational documentation with technical authors
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
- Investigating new technologies
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, testing and deploying a full-stack web application.
- Proven experience with a front end web framework (React, Angular, Vue.js, etc.).
- Proven experience with a back end web framework (Django, etc.).
- Good understanding of designing and interacting with REST APIs.
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language (Python, Java, C++ etc.).
- Proficiency with SCM (Git, Mercurial, SVN etc.).
- Must be proactive with an ability to research, evaluate and explore new product development ideas.
- Good understanding of third-party code.
- 3+ years of experience with software development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Supportive and flexible working environment.
- Choose the tooling that suits you best, MacOS/Windows/Linux.
- Learning opportunities, weekly book club and training on demand.
- Tackle complex real-world problems with good access to users.
Interested? Please email email@example.com or call Andy on 01382 938651