AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Description of the job :
We're looking for a System Engineer within Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Modem Product Group and report to the Head of System Engineering.
The Modem Product Group will undertake the design and implementation of a secure Telemetry, Tracking and Control system that will be targeted at satellites with a need for specialised performances such as communicating in spite of deliberate or accidental interference.
In the context of this development, a System Engineer opportunity exists to obtain the performance, functionality and interfacing requirements for the Ground Modem elements of this system.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Task & accountabilities :
Required skills :
- You will lead the specification and guide the implementation and test of the Ground Elements of a Secure and Interference Tolerent T,T&C system. The context of the system requires a knowledge of Satellite Operations, as well as Cryptography and Secure communication system design practices.
- You will lead a team to undertake the System Engineering activities outlined here as well as support the needs of the Project Management activity that together will deliver the overall system.
- You have the confidence to define sub-system needs, communicating risk, and have knowledge of cryptographic techniques, interfaces, evaluation and the constraints these impose upon the Ground Modem System design.
- A good knowledge of Spacecraft operation, and the requirements and restrictions these impose is desirable.
- Your role will involve some travel for business.
- Comfortable leading a System Engineering activity splitting a system into sub-systems and their interfaces, then deriving requirements for these sub-systems
- Some appreciation or experience in communications systems
- Some familiarity of Waveform Technologies including knowledge of commercially available products and their methodologies
- Knowledge of Satcom communications products / services, as well as networking fundamentals
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
In return our perks include an annual profit share a growing list of company benefits and excellent career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.