Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking site/setting out engineers. As a Site/Setting Out Engineer you will be responsible for setting out all levels, ground works, concrete bases and steel frame for the schemes.
Main Duties will include Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements, undertake surveying and setting out duties, check drawings and quantities and schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department. Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines. Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary. Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors. Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise during the construction process.
- Arrange testing of materials
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used
- Keep a Site Diary
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player)
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works
Essential Required Qualifications and Skills
Candidates should have a degree in Civil Engineering/ Surveying or related discipline.
Candidates will have a strong background in surveying, civil works, preparation of technical specifications and reports and in the planning, supervision and interpretation of construction.
Ability to read drawings, preferably competent with Auto CAD software
Demonstrate strong communication skills
Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements in the UK
Must hold a valid CSCS Card