Airframe Systems Coventry Group (1020)
Coventry, COV, United Kingdom, CV6 4AA
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of ‘Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live”.
These core values – teamwork, integrity and excellence – are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the world’s leading commercial, business and military aircraft manufacturers
Across its five product groups, Airframe Systems produces a host of world leading technology. Our Braking Systems product group supplies both military and commercial aircrafts.
We seal essential spaces, such as landing gear, wings, engines, nacelles, windows and doors, and produce intelligent air data systems and sensors that measure altitude, angle or acceleration. These sensors can be used on planes, train control systems or even missile control systems.
Whether it’s developing new radome solutions, fuel delivery systems or high-altitude life support systems, the Airframe Systems embodies the innovation at the heart of Meggitt.
Helps build positive relationships with customers by providing solutions to technical questions for assigned in-service aircraft model programmes. Performs design improvements of existing products under relatively close supervision and with advice from more experienced engineers. Assignments may include product design changes, maintenance deviations, and development of experimental tools for maintenance
- At this level the incumbent is experienced and responsible for applying standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in providing solutions to a variety of problems, using the applicable CMM as a reference.
- Must demonstrate the ability to efficiently apply standard company and industry techniques, methods and criteria to the solution of engineering problems.
- Must also possess sufficient knowledge of plant operations to obtain and integrate services of other groups whose participation is essential to successful accomplishment of assignments.
- Assignments at this level are moderately complex but are normally guided by precedence. A principal challenge is in matching available methodology and/or support functions with particular assignments.
- Organises, interprets and reports results with little guidance. Works under general supervision with occasional reviews during performance of the work.
- Planning of assignments is normally performed with concurrence of the supervisor. Final reports and results are approved by the supervisor for soundness of technical judgment and overall accuracy and adequacy.
- Within the company, interfaces almost daily with supervisor, other department personnel, and Customer Support representatives.
- Works closely with other engineering departments, metallurgist, warranty manager and the MRO module to help solve problems involving product deficiencies, design changes, maintenance deviations, and manufacturing processes and costs, enabling the cross-pollination of design ideas/technical know-how.
- Assists in product maintenance training of customers on-site or at the applicable home base in conjunction with field support representatives.
- Contacts at a higher level are not frequent, but programme reviews, for example, require contact with positions such as the VP Customer Support and VP Programme Management.
- Outside the company, interfaces with customer engineers and repair shop technicians concerning aspects of product performance and maintenance training, and infrequently with vendors for technical information and price estimates.
- Carries out special duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PC’s in the current company operating system environment.
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.“