40 hours per week
Technical Services Manager
Purpose Of The Post
To assist with testing newly developed and existing products to ensure these meet the
required standards and specifications. This will include testing of software and hardware.
The results of this must then be clearly communicated to the relevant team and
1. Functionality testing of new and existing software and hardware to test specifications.
2. To maintain an up to date working knowledge of industry standards, customs, practices
and all Protec systems, both current and legacy, as well as any necessary third-party
3. Liaise with R&D providing feedback on any issues found.
4. Highlight concerns or repetition of faults or issues to the Technical Services Manager,
providing in depth information where necessary.
5. Writing test harness software in languages such as Python.
6. Cover within the Technical Team where necessary and provide support to a wide range
of people beyond engineering staff such as export clients, sales engineers, design
staff, end users via telephone, e-mail and Skype where appropriate.
7. Build and maintain test equipment racks.
8. Assist in diagnosing faults with products returned from customers.
9. Testing products to ensure these meets and conform to the correct specifications
10. Provide professionally written test reports.
11. Attend customer sites where required.
12. Provide written technical procedures to assist Protec engineers.
13. Electromagnetic Compatibility testing.
14. Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Technical Support Engineer
Qualification & Technical Support
- Please use the following as guidance when completing the further information section of
your application form.
Essential/ To be
Qualifications Desirable identified by
1. A full Electrical based qualification such as E Application
City & Guilds, ONC, HNC etc
1. Experience of working within the electrical E Application
/ electronic sector
2. A working knowledge of electrical circuits & E Interview
3. Experience of working with Fire Alarms and D Interview
1. Competent using technology such as laptops, E Interview
measuring devices, smart phones etc
2. Ability to accurately guide someone through E Application/
problem solving of complicated electronic Interview
3. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to E Interview
work as part of a team
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills E Application/
Essential/ To be
Desirable identified by
5. The ability to communicate effectively with E Interview
staff at varying levels throughout the
6. Familiarity with Microsoft Office packages E Interview
1. A genuine interest in your work with an E Application/
enthusiasm and willingness to learn Interview