Job Title Automation Engineer
Location Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
When you join a business that’s redefining the future of finance, you’re always developing.
At Barclays the substantial level of investment in technology and cutting-edge products is part of everyday. We’ll give you the challenge of future-proofing products and services that millions of people use every day all over the world. Services that are simplifying the way people handle their finances. And products that are redefining the industry.
To take on this challenge of change we give our people the support and development to imagine new solutions and innovate at scale –whether that’s through training in the languages that make us more effective, investing in technology to make things easier, or simply the opportunities to grow, At Barclays we’re always developing – you should be too.
As an Automation Engineer you’ll be performing an important role in the delivery of automation across the bank implementation, maintenance, adoption and maturity the automation product. The Bank has purchased Ipsoft’s IPcenter automation and orchestration tool and will be using it as the platform to drive automation across the bank. You’ll be part of an agile development team delivery automated solutions to the various stakeholders. Barclays uses the Disciplined Agile Delivery framework for its development.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Developing Python scripts to a required standard which can be called from IPcenter as part of an overall design
- Developing paramaterised components inside IPCenter that intergrate with other applications via APIs or the command line which can be reused by other automations
- Developing shell scripts as required that can be call from IPcenter
- Working with other application and infrastructure teams to ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with compliance guidelines, and other bank-wide initiatives
- Working with the Business Analysts to understand the end to end requirement and design the automation solution using IPcenter where applicable
- Contributing on a daily basis to a collaborative and agile environment, provide support where appropriate to other members of the team
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Passion for technology
- Open to learning Ipsoft’s IPCentre
- Experience of Python would be desirable
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.