North West & Central Region
About Network Rail
Network Rail operates and maintains the railway infrastructure 24/7 365 days a year.
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail in our North Western & Central (NW&C) Region, which is the Backbone of Britain - the economic spine connecting our main cities.
North West & Centrals vision for the five years to 2024 is One team safely delivering excellent services to customers and taxpayers. We will achieve this vision by embedding a safe, caring workforce culture that welcomes everyone and embraces new ideas and fresh thinking. NW&C Region consist of three routes:
North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
West Coast Mainline South Route*, covering the West Coast main line south of Crewe to London Euston.
We are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work we will!
As the Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer you will manage and direct the Technical Support Team to provide production, performance, assurance, technical, analytical, and data quality support to the Maintenance Engineering team.
You must also manage the engagement and development of individuals within the team, ensuring staff safety, surveillance and quality of work.
A key part of this role will be to monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency. You will provide technical guidance, support and undertake survey and design work, managing the assurance and non compliance process. Your experience will enable you to undertake technical inspections and investigations, providing requirements to arrange track monitoring and receive outputs. Your experience will enable you to review and approve method statements and designs for work activities as required.
About the role (External)
1. Manage and direct the Technical Support team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
5. Provide technical guidance and support.
6. Undertake survey and design work.
7. Manage the assurance and non compliance process within the delivery unit.
8. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
9. Provide local requirements to arrange track monitoring trains and receive outputs.
10. Maintain the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
11. Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
12. Undertake an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant technical competence
- Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Design knowledge and experience
- Failure/incident management and rectification techniques
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
Knowledge of coaching techniques
How to apply (External)
starting at £40107 increasing to £45120
7th October 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.