An immediate opportunity has arisen for a competent Graduate with some engineering shop-floor background to become involved in H&S procedures as well as looking at process improvements during the manufacturing process within the factory.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, but liaising with other key members within the factory, the successful candidate will assist in ensuring that the Company’s working environment complies with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
· Administer the company HSE management systems including maintenance of records, action plans and statistics
· Look at process improvement changes from both a time/motion perspective as well as how they can be delivered in a 100% safe process
· Development of documentation including HSE Alerts, forms and other HSE promoting documentation
· Assisting in completion of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH assessments
· Participating in HSE meetings
· Assisting in carrying out safety inspections of work areas, processes and procedures to ensure that these are in compliance with Health, Safety and Environment procedures and legislation
· Ensuring that timely corrective action is taken where areas of non-compliance are identified
· Supporting project management by carrying out risk assessments and gas testing as necessary
· Assisting with the safety audit
· A minimum of 1 years’ Health & Safety experience, within Engineering/Manufacturing environment
· 3rd level qualified within an engineering discipline
· You will hold a valid NEBOSH Certificate and have experience working with Management Systems
· Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
The role will initially be offered on a contract basis but opportunities will develop for the right person within the business. It would suit either a Graduate or perhaps an individual who is experienced but available immediately. Shortlisting in July 2020. Applicants must clearly show where they fit the criteria.
Salary: £25 - £30k band
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided.
TechMet is a dedicated Engineering and Technical Recruitment Consultancy.
The consultant managing your application will be an MEng or MSc qualified Engineer with experience in industry. They are professionally qualified to advise on your technical suitability for this role or other vacancies.
To apply please forward your CV (in Word format) using the link provided, or for a confidential conversation on this or any other roles in the pipeline please contact Sean Metrustry, Director
Reference ID: A48-S9274
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year