The Junior Citrus Buyer will drive the implementation of the strategy for the Procurement function for all purchased materials within their remit. Continuity of supply, increased contribution and improved communications are the objectives of the role, along with managing key aspects of the supply chain, from origin through to stock, and from contract negotiation through to material receipt. Sourcing from a global supply base, the postholder will ensure the sustainable supply of key citrus raw materials to the business. This role, following extensive training, will be the major point of contact for decisions pertaining to the products within their portfolio. It is their responsibility to collaborate, communicate, create efficiencies and innovate with Treatt team members and stakeholders, supporting the global department and championing Teamwork.
What it’s like to work here
We’ve been making the world taste better since 1886 and sell over 3000 products in more than 90 countries, but we’re only just getting started. We’re on an exciting journey and have ambitious plans to become the indispensable partner of choice for the world’s leading flavour and fragrance houses, beverage and consumer brands.
On joining Treatt, you’ll become one of over 300 international experts, working together to collectively surprise and delight our customers. Nothing is more important to us than the happiness of our people as without them, we’d never succeed.
We think Treatt’s a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Everyone wants your feedback and opinion; it feels like a place of study where nurturing and encouragement are the standard. It is very clear the hard work that goes into providing excellence for customers, but it is also very apparent that managers have the same goals for helping us all to progress.” – Anita Olvera, Analytical Chemist
“Treatt offers the opportunity to work with a team of fantastic people on a range of interesting and innovative products” – Magdalena Peake, Flavour & Fragrance Developer
The duties and tasks involve the following:
- Managing a selected portfolio of citrus products
- A key figure to the business in maintaining and communicating an ongoing, in-depth knowledge of market conditions and industry trends and dynamics both internally and to customers
- Communication of up-to-date pricing within relevant pricing systems
- Contribute content for the Treatt Market Intelligence reports
- Immersing in markets relative to the products within your remit and proactive communication of market conditions and dynamics
- Ensure active buying that encompass the five procurement rights including negotiating favourable terms and pricing with suppliers for chosen quality material
- Full procurement cycle responsibility and autonomy, from negotiations and order entry all the way through to contract and post-contract supplier management
- Ensuring optimal stock levels are maintained, and raw material deliveries are coordinated with planning and imports
- Identifying suppliers for new and existing products; establishing and enhancing both existing and new key supplier relationships
- Visiting suppliers and attending industry events as and when required, which will involve international travel
- Ongoing analysis of supply base including mapping of key citrus raw material supplies
- Maintaining and analysing reports, keeping an accurate record of trends to optimise savings and sales potentials
- Identifying supply risk areas and implement initiatives to mitigate those risks, including finding alternative suppliers, particularly for sole sourced raw materials
- Assisting the Lead Citrus Buyer with developing a sustainable supply strategy adapting for the future as required
- Building beneficial relationships with internal stakeholders
- Working very closely with the citrus category managers to identify cost reduction projects and make recommendations to developers, operations and sales with that information
- Act as back up for the Lead Citrus Buyer
What we’re looking for
Desirable criteria :
- High school diploma or GCSE, with particular focus on Maths and English
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-starting and deadline focused
- Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A can-do attitude with a pro-active hands-on approach to all tasks
- The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing across all levels within the business
- An ownership mentality with the aptitude to work independently and in a team
- Someone who demonstrates high energy, drive and enthusiasm, and can bring innovative ideas to the team
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse a high volume of data and produce recommendations
- A minimum of two years of commercial experience and awareness
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with working within MRP systems
Degree level education or MCIPS/CIPS qualified is desirable, but not essential as full training will be given
- Experience of working within the Flavour & Fragrance industry
- Basic understanding of citrus and citrus markets
- Knowledge and experience of buying from a global supply base
- Confident international traveller
- Experience using JD Edwards (JDE)
We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task. You’ll be someone who keeps up to date with the latest technologies and is always willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
What we’ll do for you
We offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
We politely request that we are not contacted by any recruitment agencies. We have a preferred supplier list and high volumes of speculative calls from agencies negatively impact upon the efficiency of our business. Please help us to maintain the highest levels of customer service by respecting our wishes.