Location: Suffolk, UK
Opening Date: 23/8/2019
Closing date: 20/9/2019
The Lead Software Developer will be a key leader on the development team primarily focused on the day-to-day management of the offshore development team. Specifically, this person will:
- Work directly with the CTO, VP of Product Management and other key team members to support the platform roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle
- Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract and train gifted and passionate engineering talents
- Work with and travel to offshore teams and 3rd party service providers and drive them toward world-class contributions
- Organize release planning and team meetings between offshore and US-based teams
- Engage and excite teams and key contributors by creating new opportunities and challenges, evangelizing new technologies, and building personal relationships
- Provide technical and architectural leadership based on extensive domain knowledge
- Research new technologies that can be applied in Strata’s software platform
- Coach team members on coding practices and in making business-driven decisions
- Lead team members in improving team accountability, performance, and collaboration
- Actively remove barriers by improving internal/external communications for the team with the larger organization, function as a bridge between US and offshore teams
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact driven way
- Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
- Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short- and long-term company goals
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- You must be an experienced, hands-on technology leader, with expertise in taking engineering teams from early growth through mature organizations, as well as a consistent track record of developing platforms that scale both technologically and operationally.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field
- 8+ years of software development and design experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a SaaS environment
- 2+ years of experience acting as a technical lead and a proven ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
- Experience building and operating large scale systems
- Broad knowledge of programming languages with 5+ years emphasis on .NET
- Mastery of relational databases and OLAP and Big Data exposure
- 5+ years of experience applying agile methodologies to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Proven track record of using fact-based analyses to deliver recommendations to senior management about decisions related to managing the software development process and team
- 2+ years of experience directly managing engineering teams, leading recruiting, hiring, retention, and training process for engineers
- 5+ years of experience and a strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Extensive experience and proven results leading offshore and onshore teams
- Foreign culture exposure and ability to work with people from different backgrounds, including living in another country and managing offshore teams.
- Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on priorities
- Capable of being someone who:
o Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
o Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
o Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
o Will be a pro: Respectful. Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £120,000.00 /year