Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
This role is based in Belfast
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
In a world where Business customers’ expectations are increasingly shaped by their consumer experiences, customer experience is becoming a key battleground for differentiation. In addition customers are turning to new solutions often bringing together multiple communication capabilities in to a single solution. My role is to make any technical aspects of the solution invisible to the customer ensure that their services work for them allowing them to continue to deliver for their customers and the UK as a whole. I’m a key part of how BT differentiates from the competition through Brilliant Customer Experience.
You'll have the following responsibilities
Working in the field day-to-day, I attend customer sites to carry out installations, repairs or perhaps just talk through ideas and problems connected to the BT portfolio. Although I work across a range of products I have a particular focus on our most complex solutions I make sure customers services and solutions are set up, optimised and the customer is using them. I respond to standard, non-standard ,complex and periodically highly complex tasks and faults across the portfolio. I make recommendations on new solutions and may even, where appropriate, process leads and work with customer sales teams in a consultative capacity. I will have to exercise judgement in the daily tasks I carry out , often using my specialist knowledge.
The products and services I work with will typically involve the following characteristics, however it is unlikely that my day to day tasks will involve all of the below – it is more likely my day to day tasks will comprise a selection of below based on my specialised skill set:
- Install, maintain and repair BT Enterprise’s most complex voice solutions, e.g. Avaya Red
- Install, set up, optimise, decommission and repair server infrastructure
- To support the remote service desks on the most complex cloud based applications and advise on a “smart hands” basis
- Install, set up, optimise, decommission and repair physical or virtual handsets, gateways and end-user devices connected to the main switch
- Install, set up, optimise, decommission and repair more complex data networks (typically WANs and LANs) from Enterprise portfolio e.g. These may be Avaya, Cisco, Juniper, NEXUS or equivalent
- Install, configure, optimise, decommission and repair BT-sold firewalls
- Install, set up, optimise, decommission and repair servers and storage solutions from the Enterprise IT portfolio
- Install, set up and repair BT SIP and associated CPE/gateways
- Do simple structured cabling – typically running additional extensions from the switch or moving extensions and NTE
- Work on any specific customer products sets that I have been trained on
- Set up BT Apps and services for the customer on their devices – complete actions that are readily available for customer set up but the customer may prefer the engineer to do on their behalf
- Give the customer brief tutorials on their BT services to make sure they’re getting the best from us
- Listen to any service issues the customer may be experiencing and ensure the right services teams are dealing with them appropriately if it’s not something I can fix on site
- Make recommendations on our other products and services (where BT product information has been provided in advance to me to aid knowledge) that could improve the customers’ business. Where appropriate I may raise and process a for our sales organisation or even complete the sale myself
- Bespoke engineering support from a base of core skills to support customer and business needs
- Where appropriate, cover simpler voice and data work, as required (skills permitting)
You'll have the following skills & experience
1. Brilliant customer service skills and experience in dealing with Business customers
2. Great empathy and listening skills so I can have Great Conversations with our customers
3. Recent and relevant expertise of complex telecom engineering solutions
4. The ability to mix and match to develop solutions
5. Accreditations, as appropriate
6. Proven experience of logical problem solving, initiative and independent working
7. Proactive attitude to self-development and learning
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!