We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Operational team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The purpose of the job is to work with all teams across operations to automate the tasks they do on a regular basis to improve fix and implementation times. It will include understanding new solutions that are being delivered from engineering and review any impact that will have on our operational team.
– Put automation at the centre of what we do in an operational environment
– Contribute to operational continuous improvement and innovation
– Drive best technology and software development practices with passion and enthusiasm
– Work with the existing Monitoring and Automation tool (Netcool/Resolve) in the NOC to automate how daily tasks are done
– Working on the delivery of tools that are to be used in operations for the expansion on broadband into Italy Work with team in the operation areas to enhance and automate existing processes and procedures
– To anticipate future Network Operations and Delivery team requirements associated with the support and operation of new technologies and new products
– Investigate new technologies to drive the platform forward
– Understanding of programming to a degree level or equivalent
– Proven programming experience in Python language and knowledge of Perl and Java
– An understanding of OSS tools like Netcool to SolarWinds
– Experience of delivering a complete project lifecycle including both technical and change oriented projects
– Experience in a Programming Methodology like Agile or Scrum Demonstrable strength and experience in driving programmes through to completion and overcoming/resolving obstacles
– Excellent Linux systems administration
– Experience in various technologies and tools, such as; Git, Java, Jenkins, Docker and associated automation tools
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about