Software Engineer (Yardi Developer) – IT – Norwich
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Real Assets IT team in Norwich, supporting the Aviva Investors Real Assets business, one of the top illiquid asset investors in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small IT team, working closely with the Real Assets teams in Norwich and London to develop solutions using Aviva Investors’ Real Assets core platforms, Mosaic and Yardi.
The focus of the role will be on Yardi Voyager system development, where you will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of various reports and workflows. Over time the candidate is encouraged to develop into a Subject Matter Expert in the Yardi Voyager system. In addition, there will also be an opportunity to learn how to develop and maintain reports for the Mosaic Data Warehouse.
The jobholder will also provide second line support for the Yardi application to the Real Assets business.
- Collaborating with the Yardi team in London to develop suitable reporting and workflow solutions in line with the Yardi Roadmap (as defined by the Yardi Product Owner)
- Ensuring that all development work is carried out in accordance with the relevant development standards (e.g. source code control, security, coding standards)
- Maintaining Yardi technical documentation
- Supporting the release process for the introduction of Yardi code changes to the production environment
- Providing second line support to the Yardi team where technical assistance is required
As this is a rather specialist role, we are conscious that candidates may not have all the skills required. However, you need only have transferable skills, be technically savvy and most importantly, keen to learn and develop your abilities, to be a good fit for this role.
- Well-rounded IT skills, including proven analysis and design skills
- An inquisitive, questioning mind and will be prepared to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-start and lead pieces of work where necessary
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, organisational skills and a flexible approach
- Keen to develop a range of new IT skills and to learn about our systems
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Yardi Voyager or SQL development experience
- MS SQL Server (writing SQL code, stored procedure development)
- Microsoft SSRS (SQL server reporting services), RDL (Report description language), and RDLC (Report Description Language Client Side)
- Base SAS 9.3 development experience (for Mosaic Data Warehouse)
- Agile delivery experience / knowledge (Scrum, Jira)
- GIT source control management
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values:
care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.