Job Description Principal Java Developer
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
To work within the software development area of the Horizontal Delivery Centre and lead a small team of Developers.
- Manage, mentor and develop the team, following best practice at all times
- Follow project processes including applicable methodologies and/or frameworks
- Understand and deploy at least one methodology and/or framework to implement project processes.
- Perform trade-off of methodologies and/or frameworks and guidance to colleagues on their application.
- Lead the selection and use of methodologies and/or frameworks across the projects.
- Understand and use the local Application Lifecycle Management tools.
- Produces high quality software implementing appropriate reuse and design patterns to required Architectural guidelines and constraints.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
A blend of the following is required:
- Team Management experience
- Java 8 / EE
- SOA and integration via an ESB
- Hibernate / JPA (or other ORM framework)
- JBOSS (for example JSF/BRMS/Drools/jBPM)
- Fuse Integration
- Experience across the software stack (JSF, Java EE, Oracle)
- Oracle DB
- Red Hat JBoss
- Fuse 6.3
- Camel Quartz and Fuse Connectors/Adapters
- XML / XSD Data Design
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.