£25,000 - £37,400 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables (SSER) is the UK and Ireland’s leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
Our Capital Projects teams are responsible for developing and building our Renewables Assets, both onshore and offshore with a focus on maximising the value of our current pipelines, whilst pursuing new markets.
What is the Role?
As Document Controller, you'll be responsible for the effective management, distribution and control of Project Documentation on Seagreen, a major 1075MW offshore wind farm project, using InEight, our new flagship Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Ensure all project documents are managed in line with procedures.
- Issue and distribute project documentation as per distribution matrix.
- Track and report on project document status.
- Record and distribute Contractor & 3rd party documentation.
- Liaise with Contractor & 3rd Party Document Control Teams.
- Quality checking of received Documents from Contractors and 3rd Parties prior to distribution to Project Team.
- Management of Master Document Registers in the EDMS.
- Weekly/monthly reporting on Documentation status.
- Support the Document Control Lead with activating and monitoring EDMS Users & Permissions.
- Attend monthly document control meetings with other document controllers to share lessons learned and best practices.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who has Document Control experience on large complex projects, coupled with a proven background working within a Document Control team, and dealing with receipt, control and distribution of documentation from multiple Contractors and 3rd parties.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to have the following;
- Proven experience working on Engineering and Construction Large Capital Projects.
- Knowledge of Document Control Systems and Processes.
- Experience of using and managing Workflow processes.
- The ability to work as part of a team and build strong working relationships.
- Strong IT and communication skills Excellent MS Office skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications must be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with email@example.com We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates.
External candidates, If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.