Electrified Powertrain Test Engineer
POSTING END DATE:
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is within the Powertrain Test Bed area. The role will focus on delivering data from tests in support of design release activity or technology advancement
The main activity is to prepare test facility or test parts with instrumentation which measure a wide range of physical qualities, e.g. load, displacement, acceleration, pressure and temperature. In addition, this role contributes to the collection of data in a wide range of environments such as on public roads and proving grounds.
Research, communicate and implement best practice test methods that improve data quality and test field efficiency. Primary ownership of test automation system activity and create test related work instructions for test bed operators. Act as liaison between all customer groups, including Emission, Engine Calibration, P&E Development, and Engine Durability for test automation design and development.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Complete full preparation of test facility and/or test parts to enable effective and timely data delivery, Create test related work instructions for test bed operators
- Provide technical expertise in the measurement of data, collate and interpret data which will be used to inform engineering decisions
- Research, communicate and implement best practice test methods that improve data quality and test field efficiency
- Train and assist in training staff in test automation and best practice methods (Online and Offline)
- Act as liaison between all customer groups by providing daily updates related to test activity
- Recommend and justify test automation software upgrades when features become worthwhile
- Control standard Test library and supply test automation solutions for internal customers
- Develop automated test programmes, verify in test environment and document.
- Supporting local Health and Safety practices, risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work, 5S process etc.
- Manage and develop the Asset Management System for the Rig Test team gauges and fixtures.
- Lead the team in delivering test commodity designs in order to support programme targets and prove out chosen technologies
- Lead continuous improvements projects and implementation
- Lead and own first line fault diagnosis of fixed facility equipment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience of working with computer systems to enable automated test activity
- Hand of experience on state-of-art vehicle testing software’s and tools
- Provide technical input to engineering programs & processes
- Significant and original innovative technical developments
- Assist in presenting technical accomplishments – internal and external to JLR
- Mechanical (all disciplines), Electrical, Electronics, Controls or Systems Engineer to degree level
- Mechanical and/or electrical and/or systems design experience and Systems engineering fundamentals
- Practical experience in mechanical, electrical and/or control systems and complex system interactions
- Project planning/management
- Technical expertise and experience of test facility and test part preparation
- Experienced with data acquisition and control systems, data analysis and reporting of test data
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, Risk Assessment, COSHH and SDS
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, process and Single Point Lesson (SPL) documents
- Educated to Degree level in a Systems, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field
- A full UK driving license with less than 6 penalty points, no disqualification, 2 years accident-free record
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.