Maintain and service the company’s rental fleet assets to the set goals, targets and standards, whilst providing a professional, competent, courteous and prompt service, over a varied product and service range, including but not limited to compressed air and power generation equipment.
- Carry out servicing and maintenance on varied compressed air equipment, power generation equipment and associated products at multiple rental depots.
- Assist field service engineers on-site when required.
- Carry out work according to service schedules, conduct test procedures and record information; highlight any service issues that may affect equipment performance safety and reliability.
- Effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on a varied range of compressed air equipment and associated products
- Conduct fault finding assessments and elimination processes
- Understand interpret and follow drawings and diagrams.
- Request spare parts for maintenance and servicing.
- Identify correct manuals, select relevant spares, and follow correct documentation procedures
- Completion of concise reports, and when required, participates in discussions / meetings with field service engineers and management.
- Perform skill related duties as required. This may include supporting other work colleagues as and when required.
- Adhere to maintain and comply with company QHS&E standards. Comply with all procedures and processes applicable to the company standards of ISO: 9001, IOS 14001, OHSAS 18001. Identify and nominate areas or processes for continual improvement.
- Conduct all your assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Experience / Knowledge /Educational requirements
The following requirements are essential:
- Worked within a service environment / branch and have a proven track record with regard to product knowledge and professional interpersonal skills.
- Posses fault finding and diagnosis skills, and the ability to complete concise and accurate situation reports. The ability to interact with colleagues to achieve the business aims and goals of the organisation.
- Must be a team player who sometimes goes beyond own job role to assist in the execution of the department’s tasks.
- Competent with electrical wiring and air diagrams & drawings, tracing faults through structured elimination process.
- Thorough knowledge of international electronic systems, air systems, their symbols, diagrams and colour codings / markings
- Willingness to develop core competence including servicing requirements such as oil and filter changes, completion of servicing documentation.
- Ability to identify malfunctioning components. Understanding of the workings of mechanical systems.
- Skilled in electrical fitting to modify, mount and connect electrical components.
- Ability to assess situations and take a holistic view, ensuring safe working environment.
- Shows consideration to the welfare of fellow workers, and demonstrates maturity and commitment regarding all matters of safety and the environment.
- Competent in the use of pc /computer equipment, i.e. data entry, typing reports, diagnostic equipment management systems, etc. Believes in the importance of good documentation control and management.
- An understanding of Atlas Copco products (PTS, PNS, XRVS, gensets, etc) and/ or knowledge of diesel driven air compressors and associated equipment, desirable but not essential.
- Verifies assumptions and information before accepting them.
- Able to solve standard problems in own work environment.
- Able to foster effective two-way communication.
- Formal recognised time served apprenticeship or relevant work experience
- City & Guilds / BTEC equivalent or industry relevant qualifications.
- Full Clean Driving License.
- Self-driven and a clear focus on high quality.
- Competent and confident; reliable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to participate as a team member or work on your own initiative as may be deemed necessary.
- Demonstrate willingness to achieve set company targets and goals.
Country and city description
Rental Depot in South Shields and field based across UK sites
Specialty Rental is a division within Atlas Copco’s Power Technique business area. It serves customers in various industry segments around the world with temporary air, steam, nitrogen and power rental solutions. The specialty rental services are offered under several brands.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.