The Job Responsibilities
Purpose of Function
The role will be to provide engineering support for the Manufacturing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus at the Blyth facility which could in one of the three buildings, by determining and implementing the most appropriate methods and equipment for production needs. Additional duties will include project work and periodic support for other business areas depending on Company needs.
Obtain, analyse and report production data to support fact based business decisions
Maximise process efficiency, capability and robustness through equipment and method improvements
Support process and safety improvement intiatives
Contribute to the development of relevant company systems, processes and procedures
Control production tooling and equipment in accordance with company calibration requirements
Lead Projects to implement equipment, redesign and improve reliability supporting our 4.5% productivity increase KPI
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties.
2. Ensure all work is undertaken to the required HSE standards
3. Devise and document working methods required to ensure the Production Process is robust
4. Implement & take ownership of appropriate process controls (Including APCC, Control Plans, SOS’s, Risk Assessments, PUWER Assessments etc)
5. Control jigs, fixtures and production tooling within own area of responsibility
6. Generate and introduce process improvements to support the 4.5% productivity goal each year
7. Work with Maintenance and Production Team members to ensure effective PM/TPM implementation
8. Support and/or Lead Root cause analysis workshops as necessary to support Production stoppages and reoccuring issues
9. Manage Project implmentation from cradle to grave using the Draeger Project Management standard – this will include machine moves, installations, modifications, new machinery and new processes
10. Accountable for being the Lead for New product introduction into Operations - liaise with other department heads and ensure the NPD checklists are updated
11. Liaise with outside contractors and suppliers where necessary to support departmental objectives
12. Take responibilty for housekeeping and 5S within own work area
13. Assist with the training and guidance of apprentices, operators or others where appropriate
14. Attend meetings where required to provide production engineering input in support of business goals
15. Attend GFE meetings and take ownership and accountability of tasks to ensure completion in timely manner
16. Undertake training and development activities
17. Occasional travel off-site to conduct inspection of new equipment, attend training courses and provide customer field support
18. Any other reasonable duties required by Operations Management
Minimum of HNC in Mechanical/Electrical/Production Engineering related subject required.
HND or Degree level qualification in Mechanical/Electrical/Production Engineering related subject desirable.
Previous employment within a Manufacturing environment
Able to demonstrate practical, technical and analytical engineering skills.
Able to work effectively within a Team or as an individual.
Capable of leading Teams to deliver Project goals
Project Management and NPD introduction (Desirable)
Familiar with typical Windows PC / Microsoft Office tools
Who we are
Dräger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Dräger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years.
If you have any questions, please contact