The Corporate Technology Reference Data Distribution team is seeking a Software Engineer that combines both Software Engineering and Systems/Application Support to join a new Infrastructure Development SRE team to operate, manage, and automate large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. This new Site Reliability Engineer role will build and implement creative solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems and building infrastructure.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Contributes to product area, or software in order to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems and supports solutions for closure
- Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
- Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
- Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
- Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
- Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
- Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
- Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
- Mentors other junior team members
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience with 4 years of Software Engineering and application support experience
- Experience with Oracle and MongoDB
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., bash, PowerShell) to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines
- Experience with resolving application function and system customer support issues
- Experience with SQL for metrics development
- Experience with Linux, Windows
- Experience troubleshooting Tomcat/Compile/Web/DB performance and other system level components
- Designs and contributes to performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
- Able to work on multiple large projects that have business impact, and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects.
- Knowledge of Open Source and Source Code vulnerabilities and scanning methods a plus
- Is seen as a change agent and key contributor to the SRE Team(s)
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Glasgow, SCT UK
Potential Referral Amount:
3500 Pound Sterling (GBP)