We are looking for a Graduate Systems Engineer to join our Avionics and Electronics department reporting to our Systems Team Leader. Our safety critical certified design and development processes (DO-178 and DO-254) combined with mature quality processes (AS9100) means that we offer a range of airborne recording and air data computing products and services which are world-class and you could be a part of this too!
In this role, you will be involved from start to finish ensuring successful capture of customer requirements and correct implementation of development processes from initial concept through to completion.
The Avionics business unit were recently awarded Silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our dedication to high performance through good people management. We have proven we know what it takes to lead, support and manage people effectively to achieve sustainable results.
We would consider applications from both recent graduates and those expecting to graduate this year.
- To ensure successful capture of customer requirements and correct implementation of development processes from initial concept through to completion.
- To complete all allocated tasks within the time and budget specified within the work package definitions.
- Provide system architecture definition based on required functionality.
- Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents.
- Develop system validation, integration, verification and acceptance test procedures.
- Participate in system and subsystem validation, integration, verification and acceptance testing and generate appropriate test reports.
- Support development for system, hardware and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met.
- Support qualification activities and develop qualification plans.
- Provide technical support to subcontracted developments and determine acceptance of subcontracted deliverables.
- Support certification activities for company products.
- Ensure allocated tasks are completed in accordance with the applicable project plan.
- To attend and actively contribute to the effective operation of applicable design reviews.
- Educated to Degree level in an appropriate technical subject by May/June 2020
- Knowledge of the full systems development lifecycle.
- Ability to write formal project documentation.
- Capable of requirements elicitation and knowledge of what makes a good requirement.
- Understanding the importance of traceability.
- Some knowledge of aerospace technology and aerospace development processes (ARP4754A, DO-254, DO-178C and DO-160G) would be advantageous
- Familiar with electronic hardware design lifecycle and understanding of basic electronic circuits would be helpful in this role
- Familiar with an embedded software design lifecycle and understand software architecture modelling would be helpful in this role
- Knowledge of validation and verification methodologies would be advantageous
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Free parking
- Summer & Winter social events
- Wellbeing focused culture
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled