Here at Restore Digital, we have a new permanent opportunity for a Software Developer to join our team in Wolverhampton.
We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to all clients and stakeholders, and we very keen to hear from people who are organised, motivated, positive and enjoy working in a team.
The purpose of this role is to help analyse business requirements and use commercial awareness to define and develop internal and external projects. To identify solutions for any technical challenges whilst supporting fellow developers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Define estimates for work which is fed through the project intake meetings and review technical designs for solutions which will be provided to our clients/customers
- Help provide technical coaching and mentorship to teammates. Ensuring all solutions meet agreed performance, security and user experience requirements, using profiling and optimisation techniques as required
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Identify areas for growth and improvement within the team Ensure that systems are constructed and maintained in a fully professional manner, following best practice design, development and testing processes.
- Develop solutions that can be properly supported and maintained after release.
- A genuine interest in software development, with a strong willingness to learn and to remain up to date with new development techniques
- Structured organised programmer with full software lifecycle experience
- Ability to identify potential problems with code, analyse issues and identify root causes
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate and work with technical and non-technical people alike, in a clear, collaborative and positive manner
- Using a structured and organised approach to plan and manage own workload and clearly communicate progress of tasks within planned timescales
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to think on your feet and show initiative
- Highly self-motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday