Robotic Process Automation – start shaping your career
Join our Robotic Process Automation team on our graduate scheme and discover what it’s really like to work in business. Gain hands-on experience, build a network of contacts and get advice from our expert mentors. If you perform well, you could be given the chance to study towards some core qualifications within this field, that will help you kick-start your career.
What does our robotic process automation team do?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) uses software to automate repetitive, rules-based business processes. Often referred to as 'digital workers' or 'bots', the software can be configured to emulate or mimic how humans interact with your existing IT systems and digital tools, interacting with them as a human worker would.
What can you expect?
The depth of services and clients you’ll be exposed to will help you kick-start your career. You could be working with a wide variety of organisations.
At RSM, you’ll be a key member of our team from day one. Our placement programme allows you to experience working in the RPA team alongside experienced members of the firm. This hands-on early experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career. You’ll also benefit from on-the-job training from more senior members of the team and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role.
- Creation of RPA processes, objects and other artefacts to automate the steps as defined in the solution design document
- Execution of unit and integration tests to make sure no unhandled exceptions occur.
- Document RPA automation as defined in the project.
- Help produce the deployment document in order to deploy the release into the respective environment.
- Support Process Controller in relevant triaging and defect fixing.
- Support assessment of AS-IS process to provide support/decisions on what part of the process can be automated.
- Work with the Business Analyst and Lead Developer to optimise processes and improve automation potential.
- Support Business Analyst to design and validate TO-BE detailed process maps.
- Support preparation of detailed specification of each robot that will be part of the RPA solution.
- Understand system and business change cycles to ensure automated processes are proactively amended to reflect such changes.
What we look for
- Being able to build strong inter-personal relationships with business stakeholders so that you can confidently lead change management associated with automation.
- To have a strong ability to understand the obstacles between a user case’s current practice, best practice, and how automation can drive next practice.
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills with a focus on solving problems with given business requirements and a suite of technological potential.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on brokering information between technical roles and business facing roles.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills, results oriented.
You will have to travel to other RSM offices and different client sites within this role.
If that sounds like you, we know you’ll enjoy being part of our team.
At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important.
You will need:
- 112 UCAS (new tariff) across 3 A Levels or 104 (new tariff) across 4 Highers/Advanced Highers.
- A predicted honours degree.
UCAS changed their points system so under the old tariff it would be 280 or 260 points respectively.