System Rig Design Engineer
POSTING END DATE:
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT :
This role sits within Powertrain Test Operations (PTTO), specifically the newly formed “Powerlab” element of ETAD (Electrification, Transmission and Driveline). The department will deliver test capability to support design, development and validation of Jaguar Landrover's future electrified powertrain from early prototype controls development to vehicle level SW and calibration sign off.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
The Inverter Rig Engineer will be responsible for operations of the 3 inverter test rigs, including but not limited to the following core responsibilities:
- Rig planning/workflow management via Wrike and EP864 delivery process. Activities to include:
o Test system design
o Customer liaison
o Customer DVP/DVM management and test planning
o Test and Test system commissioning and debug
- Management of local technician resource across the rigs
- Adherence to and implementation of Government and Jaguar Landrover safety policies regarding High Voltage systems.
- Data management & quality adherence – Test data & simulation environment correlation, Issue resolution and continuous improvements
- Automation & measurement system management:
o Automated test scheduling & tool chain strategy development
o Specification, set up and commissioning of instrumentation system including measurement system strategy and data quality
WHAT YOU’LL NEED :
- Test hardware logistics management
- Capacity and functionally, planning and forecasting
- Automotive hazardous voltage competency
- Electrical, Electronics, Control or Systems Engineer to a degree level.
- Ability to accurately and concisely present complex technical ideas or projects to a diverse audience using a variety of communication media
- Experience in hardware and software testing & development
- Experience in test automation systems programming
- Problem solving - Six Sigma, Green Belt Training and certification
- Data analysis systems
- High level of MS Office Competency
- Project planning, resource and asset management
- Valid UK Driving license
- Competency to design and size electrical distribution systems
- User level appreciation for scripting tools ,Python, C, VBA, Mattlab etc
- User level appreciation and/or experience of dSpace toolchains – Control, Configuration & Automation desk
- Experience in automotive rig test environment including operation, control and automation of test systems
- Experience with automotive calibration Tools (HW & SW) - ETAS INCA, Vector CANoe
- Experience in automotive data Networks and Network analysis tools e.g CAN, FR etc
- Application knowledge of electrified vehicle systems and subsystems architectures
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.