UK016-Kilkeel, United Kingdom
Graduate Quality Engineer
NPI Team Leader
37.5 hours per week. The post-holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
2 Moor Road
The Inner Basin
- To plan and coordinate manufacturing quality activities and improvement programmes.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured to relevant international standard(s) and meet or exceed Collins Aerospace and customer needs.
- Ensure new products are developed & introduced in accordance with APQP process
- To work alongside manufacturing to improve operational performance
- To establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the business that contribute to consistent high-class performance in all areas
- Represent the business with customers and regulatory authorities with the objective of inspiring confidence and enabling positive cooperation in the quality of products and services provided
- Ensure the identification and control of all non-conforming products
- Develop, promote and lead continuous improvement activities
- Provide support and assistance to manufacturing in development and execution of corrective actions
- Lead/participate in quality system and/or process audits in Collins as needed
- Develop the quality standard for new development programs, and work with the customer to achieve agreement and sign off ahead of commencing production
- As part of a cross functional team, following the APQP process, influence the design, supply chain and build process to ensure the required quality standard can be achieved on a repeated basis.
- Develop and monitor production line/business unit performance metrics and initiate improvement plans when appropriate
- Leads and participates in supplier and in house improvement events
- Manage and support as appropriate internal and customer FAI’s, ensuring that quality requirements are clearly defined
- Contribute and participate in Material Review Board’s
- Travel nationally and internationally (on occasion at short notice) in line with business requirements
- Take initiative and seek results in a structured way
- Clear communication (both verbally and orally) to all levels within the organisation on quality related topics
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and relevant work placement experience
- Demonstrate experience of completing problem solving activities using methods such as 3C, 8D, 7D, DMAIC etc.
- Knowledge of lean principles
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 9th December 2020 at midnight
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms