Up to £23,000 depending on experience
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Settling claims on the best possible terms for our customers and business. Whilst handling these claims you will need to manage our customers’ expectations and provide world-class customer service. Whilst managing a portfolio of disputed liability claims, you will be required to make quick accurate decisions and refer cases to the Intervention and Non-Fault teams. You will also be targeted to keep unjustified litigation to a minimum and have the overall responsibility for the financial upkeep of your portfolio.
What will I be doing?
1. Keeping the customer updated on the progress of investigations and manage their expectations with regards to potential liability settlements.
2. Gathering evidence and reports from drivers, witnesses, the policy, engineers and other parties involved.
3. Accurately assessing evidence, case law and the Highway code to be able to provide a precise stance on liability
4. Negotiating liability with third party insurers and critically analysing third party evidence Understanding the legal procedures to follow, when to issue proceedings in pursuit of a liability settlement and when to instruct legal defence of a third party.
5. Validating cover is in force for a claim and identifying possible fraudulent claim markers to be referred for investigation.
6. Proactively pursuing reimbursement of our losses from third party insurers, promptly settling third party claims in which we share a proportion of liability and accurately managing the financial reserves on each file.
7. Actively managing your portfolio in line with SLA, KPI’s and weekly targets
8. Treating our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
9. Supporting cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 12 months’ experience working in a motor claims role with claims portfolio management.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customer.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Ideally a minimum of 6 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
- Ideally qualified to a graduate level
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.