Energy Assets is a leading independent metering services, asset management and utility network construction company. Energy Assets is one of Britain’s fastest growing independent I&C multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services, helping private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through ground-breaking technologies, data analytics and innovative customer-focused processes. As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner some of the biggest brands.
We are currently in the market looking to recruit a Multi Utility Designer on a permanent basis to work out of our Birstall office.
Working for the Design Team Leader the Designer will be required to ensure that quotes / design approvals are prepared to an exceptionally high standard of technical content and dispatched to the customers / operational department in a timely manner. Ensuring first class support is provided within the department so as to enable EAU to meet our safety, contractual, legislative and regulatory obligations.
Main duties for this role:
- Undertake technical design activity associated with Complex and Non Complex designs.
- Prepare technical designs / quotations / design approval packs in accordance with codes of practice, legislation, and current policies and procedures.
- Ensure records are maintained of work activities on workspace to satisfy Customers, and legal requirements.
- Ensure that personal competencies are maintained and up to date.
- Prepare quotes / design approval packs and provide support and guidance to operational teams, management and customers on designs, quotations, sales, safety and technical matters.
- Prepare design drawings in accordance with required EAU standards.
- Assist with the control of a variety of commercial projects in order that time scales and projected profits are met.
- Liaise with customers and representatives of other professional organisations such as architects, external contractors as necessary.
- To mentor, guide, train and advise more junior members of the team.
- Carry out site visits where appropriate.
- Produce work to the required quality and standard within defined performance criteria and productivity measures.
- Approve Designs within the scope of the individual’s ability as defined within the STC process.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 1-2 years previous experience working within a multi utility design environment ideally within a gas, electric and water discipline. You will have a sound working knowledge of appropriate legislation (i.e CDM NRSWA), codes of practice and industry standards. Excellent communications skills and have the ability to manage your time in an effective manner are essential for the position.
To apply please upload your cv to the Energy Assets recruitment portal further review. Only suitable candidates will be contacted regarding the vacancy.
Reference ID: VN131
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Design: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19