Markem-Imaje is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full range of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, print and label application systems. Markem-Imaje delivers fully integrated solutions that enable product quality and safety, regulatory and retailer compliance, better product recalls and improved manufacturing processes.
Are you a self-motivated, confident, and passionate Quality professional who understands why Quality Assurance plays a vital role for the success of Markem-Imaje?
In this role you’ll be… Pivotal in the development and execution of a three year roadmap to achieve a more preventive, customer focused and data driven Quality culture and approach at Markem-Imaje. This role will specifically focus on Quality & Design Assurance as well as Process Improvements with a Product Quality focus across the organization globally.
You’ll have an opportunity to… Lead, manage and work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely on all levels of the organization to ultimately improve the quality of our products, increase customer satisfaction and reduce risks and issues.
You should possess… A risk based, disciplined, and systematic approach to Quality Assurance as well as well-honed root-cause analysis skills to identify quality improvements in products and processes. Ideally combined with a passion for ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Lead and manage Quality/Design Assurance activities to assess quality and compliance for Research to Development (RTD) and Product to Market (PTM) projects, all part of the New Product Introduction process (NPI). This includes, but is not limited to:
- leading and participating in design reviews,
- the implementation and continuation of FMEA’s,
- development and review of quality specifications for new products, processes, equipment, and technology,
- overseeing the creation and execution of R&D quality plans and qualification validation plans
- monitoring and addressing Quality risks and issues throughout the NPI process.
- Perform comprehensive data analysis, combining relevant information from different sources, to identify and report on product quality risks/issues and improvement opportunities, incl. usage of quality metrics.
- Lead the resolution of critical customer facing product quality issues with a cross-functional team with accountability to ensure appropriate and timely mitigation and containment.
- Drive Continuous Improvements, Problem Solving and Lean procedures, programs and systems.
- Lead, review and consult on product/process changes as part of life cycle management and change control.
- Lead and document product risk management and analysis activities according to ISO14971 or ISO31000 (incl. creation of Risk Management Plans, DFMEAs, FMECAs, Fault Tree Analysis and Risk Management Reports).
- Participate in Quality Management System reviews.
- Teach the Markem-Imaje community on topics relative to the quality discipline, quality tools, continuous improvement, Lean tools and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science, mathematical or engineering based subject matter.
- 5-8 years of experience in a manufacturing company with a concentration in Quality Assurance practices, Six Sigma, 8D / CAPA Problem Solving, CI and/or Lean management.
- On-going, advanced coursework in the field of Quality Assurance Engineering/Lean Six Sigma
- Able to work in a matrix environment and to multi-task.
- Results oriented and committed to quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving and Continuous Improvement skills.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in :
EMEA : United Kingdom : Nottinghamshire : Nottingham
US Research & Engeneering
Job Requisition ID: