Helpdesk Software Support Engineer at an expanding tech company!
- We are looking for a Software Support Engineer to join the business at an exciting time in the Company's growth.
- You will work closely with the Support Manager, providing technical help and assistance on the Electronic Point of Sale System to new and existing customers.
- You will work closely with the Project Manager, Sales Team and Developers to analyse 1st line faults, identify problems, research answers and guide clients through corrective steps.
- You will analyse all telephone, voicemail and email support queries , logging all relevant information into the Support Desk database system.
- You will keep customers informed and updated on subsequent progress and effecting 1st Line repairs- achieve satisfactory conclusions to faults within designated timescales and maintain the high quality of standards the Company outlined.
- You will work as a member of the Support Desk team and communicate complicated, difficult to explain technical faults to clients at all levels. The post holder will provide specialist advice and training to users to cover new and/or updated application installs of configuration changes.
- You will identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- You will be expected to provide telephone support to customers out of hours, during weekends and bank holidays on a rotational basis.
- You will be required to install and reconfigure software and where necessary, assist/build/configure hardware. Additionally, you will document actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records and in accordance to IT Support processes, escalate to other internal support or customer support teams.
Why should You join?
- The Company has a vibrant culture, focused on self-improvement and internal progression opportunities.
- The Company is expanding and looking for people to grow with.
What about you?
You should have a good understanding of computer hardware
Computer science degree (or similar)
Complex problem solver
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year