AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for an AIT Test Customisation Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful applicant will join TSO.
Reporting to the AIT Bid and Customisation Manager, you will be responsible for technical support to all test related activities and processes to maximize efficiency, safety and standardisation.
The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Task & accountabilities :
As the successful candidate you tasks and accountabilities will include:
- Supporting the technical aspects of RF Engineering and RF test on all projects managed by Payload AIT.
- Provide a comprehensive engineering handover for operational phases to progress smoothly.
- Directly participating in complex satellite proposals.
- Work closely with the Design Office during the initial payload design, providing direction on build for test solutions, and direct technical support.
- Where appropriate lead a small team of assigned resources supporting improvements or R&D initiatives.
- To define/design and monitor the production of all additional Electrical Ground Support Equipment required for test phases on projects.
- Providing ideas and solutions for innovation, process improvement, next generation payload assembly solutions, studies (including initiation of AIT led studies).
- Supporting improvement implementation (Shop floor data capture, innovation) providing an active role in “lessons learned” to improve processes.
As the successful candidate your experience and skills will include:
- HND in electrical engineering, engineering or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of RF principles.
- Practical approach to problem solving and delivering bespoke design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation level English.
- Experience in a similar role working in a test systems or test engineering environment within manufacturing, telecoms or antenna.
- Experience in the space industry
- Knowledge of project & risk management.
- Experience and knowledge of Lean principles and deploying process improvements.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.