About the Company
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defence markets. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defence industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager you will support the existing Manufacturing Engineering team based in Motherwell with NPI and legacy product performing the following duties: -
- Compliance to Company Health, Safety and Environment policy
- Method planning, creation stage drawings & technical documentation
- NC program creation and verification for multi disciplines
- Component development and validation
- Inspection gauge selection and design
- Tooling and fixture design using 3D modelling software
- Shop floor troubleshooting
- Support RCA Activities
- Liaising with customers on dimensional alleviation
- SPC capability analysis and reporting of part portfolio
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Support LEAN activities
- Time served with 4+ years offline CNC programming of multi discipline engineering including turning, milling, utilising Edgecam software.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Constantly displays integrity and respect.
- Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined approach.
- Inspires and motivates others around them.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed.
- Searches for innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and constantly raises the bar to stretch own and other levels of achievement.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, geometrical tolerances and specifications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including RCA, SPC & RFT application.
- HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline.
- 3D modelling utilising Solidworks or NX software.
- NC creation utilising Edgecam or NX Software.