Three Bridges, GB
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britains best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and were empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
Manage and direct the Technical Support Team and Control Centre Technicians to provide production, performance, assurance, technical, analytical, and data quality support to the Maintenance Engineering team. Assist the Signal & Telecoms Maintenance Engineer in the delivery of duties as required.
About the role (External)
1. Manage and direct the Technical Support team and Control Centre Technicians to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
5. Provide technical guidance and support.
6. Undertake survey and design work.
7. Manage the assurance and non compliance process within the delivery unit.
8. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
9. Provide local requirements to arrange track monitoring trains and receive outputs.
10. Maintain the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
11. Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
12. Undertake an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
- Relevant technical competence
- Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Design knowledge and experience
- Failure/incident management and rectification techniques
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- IRSE Licence holder (Signalling only)
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
How to apply (External)
5th November. Late applications will not be accepted.