Specialist Fibre Engineer - Inverness (132762)
Job function :
Main location :
UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Inverness-Inverness
Working pattern :
Closing date :
Specialist Fibre Engineer
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This is an exciting opportunity to enable Openreach to build the Fibre Network across all areas of the UK.
What you'll be doing
As one of our Specialist Fibre Engineers you’ll take ownership of the network build. You will build good relationships with a team of Fibre Engineers in your assigned area, including third-party. You’ll attain Openreach quality accreditations, enabling you to assess the quality of our Fibre network build to ensure it’s completed to a high standard, the right cost and on time. By doing this, you’ll also report to your manager any possible issues encountered along the way that might affect quality and delivery.
The engineers you’ll supervise will be mobile therefore you will need to be happy working outside, whether that’s in glorious spring sunshine or bracing wintry weather. You’ll travel a lot, and often make multiple visits to the same place – especially where you spot problems.
Please note, you will be required to travel widely around your allocated area.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
You’re an experienced Fibre engineer, and while you want to move up in your career, you’re happy to lend a hand and get stuck into a job where needed. Some of our systems are specific to Openreach, so we’ll provide you with any systems training you need, but we are looking for people who have:
We’d also like you to be:
- Experience of everything Fibre, including FTTP and FTTC
- An excellent communicator, working across a broad spectrum of stakeholders form member of public, local authority representatives, internal colleagues and third party suppliers
- A manual driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Highly customer focused with a strong desire to deliver excellent customer service at every opportunity
- Open to learning new techniques and technologies
- Comfortable using smart devices
- Working in an ambiguous environment where onsite problem solving is the norm
- Physically fit and comfortable working at heights
- Able to manage your time and workload
- NRSWA Licence
Why choose us?
Openreach are building and maintaining our communications network that connect millions of homes and businesses across the UK & Northern Ireland. We do this on behalf of over 600 service providers who deliver telephone, internet, data and TV services. We’re dedicated to delivering a world leading service for our customers. We are looking for skilled fibre engineers with an ability to connect with people, and a willingness to get stuck in.
Alongside an excellent starting salary of £33,702 plus 10% on target bonus, you’ll also enjoy:
- Additional Inner London (£3,380) and Outer London (£1,670) weighting
- Additional outer Scottish islands offshore allowance (£1,431)
- Use of a company van and tools
- 22 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Free BT broadband, BT TV and BT Sport
- Discounts on a range of products and services
If you’re ready to step up to the challenge, apply now – and help us build the UK’s connected future.
Paid in addition to your basic salary if you are a London based permanent employee (£3,380 inner London and £1,670 outer London).
Up to £1,431 payable to you on top of your basic salary if you’re working offshore on the outer Scottish Islands.
The standard working week is 37.5 hours over 5 days between Monday and Sunday, with opportunities for overtime. Starting and finishing times are between 07:00 and 21:00.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.