Field Engineer / Fibre Engineer / FTTH / FTTP / Network Engineer / Installation Engineer
Join the brand that is transforming rural areas with Ultrafast full fibre broadband. We’re the team where talented people are encouraged to thrive and enhance their career. Reporting to the Senior Technician the Field Engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks to deliver a quality FTTH / FTTP network, works will include installations and break dig/fix solutions The Field Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all works meet Gigaclear standards as well as compliance with NRSWA, SROH and the relevant build & fibre specifications.
This is a new growing function within Gigaclear therefore we are keen to speak with people who are career minded and would like to to develop and progress with training and coaching, Some of the key skills you will already possess are:
- A background in Civils, Fibre and Installations, including the management of trenching and reinstatement works
- Knowledge of Telecoms networks, ideally fibre optic networks (FTTH / FTTP)
- Previous experience of residential installations and providing a first class customer facing experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and fault fix network issues
- Knowledge and experience of in the field Civils specifications – NRSWA, SROH, etc
- Previous experience of delivery to pre-defined project schedules
- Able to understand, interpret and adhere to risk & method assessments
- Ideally an acknowledged fibre qualification
- Hold or be able to pass a ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ (DBS) application.
- Ideally already hold a NRSWA Operative accreditation
You share our values. They make us who we are:
- Find a way: Always working together to deliver market-leading solutions and provide customer service excellence to our communities
- Be committed: We are all accountable for our actions and work relentlessly with our many customers to deliver on our promises
- Do the right thing: We always base our decisions on what we believe is fair, considerate and in the best interest of our customers and our colleagues
- Keep it simple: In an industry of complexity and confusion, we make things easy for everyone to understand
Culture & benefits: We empower people to do what they do best; fast. We want you to bring you, so we don’t ‘fence’ anyone in to a single way of working. You will get the latest news through our staff magazine, Gigabites, and monthly company updates (food can play a major part in this!). You are living and breathing our values, so your colleagues may nominate you for our Star of the Month award. If you win you get an extra day’s holiday. Like us, you probably like to get a bit social too. We have a weekly running club, Gigaclear FC plus two company socials a year, and more. On top of this we offer great benefits such as, Study Support, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays). When you apply for this role, please access the full job description in the account registration area.
Gigaclear is not currently engaging with any external recruitment agencies or suppliers for this role. Gigaclear has a preferred supplier list of Agencies / Suppliers with whom T&Cs have been agreed and Gigaclear will only accept CVs from these suppliers for roles we have formally requested they work – this request will come from a member of the HR team. Any speculative CVs submitted without this request will be deemed property of Gigaclear and may be engaged with directly without Gigaclear being liable for any “introduction fee”.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year