SC Cleared – Radio Frequency Engineers | Ref: PIP0000884
Salisbury/Sevenoaks | Engineering,Technology | Start: ASAP | Duration: 12 months
We are currently recruiting for Radio Frequency Engineer roles that we will be recruiting for on behalf of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) in the coming weeks.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of civil service roles.
About the role:
Within this dynamic and exciting role, you will apply your skills and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of technical challenges including bespoke system analysis using Radio Frequency (RF) test equipment, the analysis and verification of software defined systems and subcomponents and activities associated complex RF network configurations and ‘smart’ systems. The role is predominantly laboratory based but some field trail work will also exist as and when the need arises.
- Valid and active SC or DV Clearance
- Skills in a wide variety of laboratory RF test equipment including Vector Signal Generators, Signal/Spectrum Analysers, Vector Network Analysers, Oscilloscopes and Function Generators
- A knowledge of the workings of communication protocols in network and point to point technologies
- Programming would feature – ideally Matlab
- Signal processing skills – understand trade-offs and sensitivity analysis of waveform design
It would be great to also have:
- An understanding SDR architectures
- A minimum of 2 years real world experience in this field.
It is anticipated that this individual, will work with more junior members of staff sharing knowledge and mentoring/coaching.
If this sounds like you and you would be interested in being added to our pipeline, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
"In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
To move forward with your application, click "Apply"
Job Types: Full-time, Contract