Intel is looking for talented, highly motivated individuals to develop embedded vision and machine learning solutions targeting a wide range of applications, using the latest Intel FPGA devices and tools.
Applications include robotics, smart surveillance, smart factory, interactive whiteboards, medical, digital signage and professional video systems. Work includes developing solutions with our customers and demonstrating next generation systems at sites around the world and at key trade shows.
Roles are available in both the Marlow and Basingstoke offices.
Our engineering teams work closely with customers, understanding their requirements and then developing solutions to their real world goals.
The Intel office is a welcoming, friendly environment offering dedicated high specification PCs/laptops, multiple displays, and access to local and global compute farms.
- Work with strategic customers to develop and deliver applications, benchmarks and solutions, demonstrating the value of the FPGA
- Develop optimized reference platforms for broad distribution of embedded vision solutions using a mix of software skills.
- Developing solutions for FPGA based video processing systems and embedded vision processing systems, using Intel processor and FPGA
- Identifying the benefits of processor and FPGA solutions compared to other architectures
- Collaborating with other Intel teams to develop best in class solutions
- Developing and following a strong design process, enabling customers to meet Quality Management System standards
- Providing input to Intel's future architectures and products
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent, with excellent results
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (or equivalent).
- Strong software skills (C/C++)
- Able to set own goals and deliver output to a high standard
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong team working skills
- Knowledge of heterogeneous vision processing systems using CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs is desirable
- Knowledge and interest in machine learning and AI is desirable
- Occasional Business travel is required
Intel offers a competitive salary and benefits
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.