As a Barclays Climate Risk Reporting Analyst you will be supporting the requirements of Climate Change risk reporting, analysis and assessment. Climate Change is undoubtedly one of the greatest challenges and one of the most complex issues faced by the world today, given its proven impacts on the global economy, physical environment, habitats and human population. This is an exciting opportunity to join Barclays at a time of risk discovery, analysis and assessment and make a real change.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Supporting the construction, automation and analysis of Climate Management Information (MI)
- Helping to develop Mandate and Scale reporting to allow monitoring the progress against climate-related strategic aims and risk appetite
- Creating risk management tools and reporting that are appropriate for the speed of change that is necessary
- Supporting regulatory and senior management monthly, quarterly or ad hoc climate risk reporting requirements
- Producing and reviewing reports and research any significant changes to ensure accuracy of data
- Identifying and commenting on key drivers on monthly, weakly, daily moves on wider portfolio level
- Providing system and database expertise to help with data reconciliation and analysis
- Providing SME support and Senior Management meeting representation for the Risk Information Services Portfolio Reporting team
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous experience in Credit Risk or Finance Reporting and Analysis
- Proven analytical background, data driven, results orientated, commercial focused
- Ability to understand and identify potential control breakdowns in processes, demonstrated with contributions to effective procedure manuals
- Experience in developing new Credit Risk or Finance Reporting and good understanding of data infrastructure
- Advanced Business Objects and Microsoft Office skills (particular MS-Excel)
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders and management at MD level
- Capable of detecting inefficiencies and data issues and drive forward change initiatives in an independent manner
- SQL, developer coding and management information experience in a Risk environment
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.