Are you an experienced and qualified multi skilled engineer who is proficient in plumbing and carpentry and looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will need to be based in and around Rugby in the Warwickshire area to cover our businesses in this area. Working in a mobile role and as an independent engineer, you’ll need to be confident in your own skill set to support our operations team in delivering best in class maintenance across the estate. You’ll be part of our Property Department on a 6-month fixed term basis and this role does not require evening and weekend work, nor is there an on-call rota.
Please note, as part of the application process, once you have submitted an application you will be sent a self-assessment sheet to complete and return at your earliest convenience. Candidates that do not reside in the geographical area indicated or have the skill set required will not be shortlisted.
Join us at Mitchells & Butlers, the heart of hospitality. With over 1,600 sites we’re the home of some of the nation’s favourite restaurants, bustling bars, cosy country pubs and the local you didn’t know we owned. It’s been a tough year, but we’re not letting that stop us! Our investment programme is already underway, and we have been working in the background to make sure we come back stronger than ever. If you’re as passionate about hospitality as we are, we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for me?
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands, so whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery we’ve got you covered.
- Mobile working: the flexibility to work from home, the office or one of our sites
- Annual Bonus Scheme – We’re all about rewarding the hard work everybody puts in
- Private medical plan- to help keep you safe and secure
- Company Van
On top of all this, we offer; a pension, 26 days paid holiday, 33% Employee Discount, high-street shopping discounts, an online wellbeing hub; and we even give you free shares!
What will I be doing?
- Delivering general maintenance works to sites within the region to a very high and consistent standard
- The work includes general maintenance items such as basic cold water plumbing including toilet flushes and leaking pipes, floor & wall tiling, pest proofing, woodwork, joinery, painting and decorating, flooring, lock and door closer replacements and may also include larger works such as fence replacements, fitting of replacement kitchens and bathrooms
- Management of van stock and ordering of parts required to facilitate site works
- Management of own workload to ensure all jobs logged are attended within the required timescales (usually 14 days)
- Management of the IT process using a work management system (Verisae, training will be provided)
- Responding proactively to maintenance problems to find innovative, cost effective solutions within demanding timescales
- Supporting front line operations in ensuring businesses are maintained to a good and consistent standard, including coaching site managers on how to get the best out of the service provided
What do I need?
Just like our brands, our teams are diverse. You’ll need...
- To reside in the specified area; Rugby and the Warwickshire area
- Proven experience of multi skilled maintenance activity including at least 5 years’ experience of plumbing, joinery and general maintenance
- Multi-unit retail business experience or successful self-employment is advantageous
- The role is ideal for a self-motivated individual with a range of general handyman skills and experiences with a core skill set in either cold water plumbing or joinery
- A customer service focus, can do and flexible approach to work as the work is extremely varied and requires a broad range of general maintenance experience
- High degree of maturity
- Pride and passion in all aspects of work are essential
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Working at the home of hospitality (our head office), you may not be serving our guests, but your support will put smiles on our guests and teams faces. This is the place where we get creative, train our teams and crunch our numbers. We’re all about having fun and creating moments to remember across the nation, our head office is no different.
Midnight, 11th August 2021