The JSB Group provide customised laboratory chromatography solutions based
on Agilent Technologies and CTC Analytics PAL instrumentation across The UK
and Europe. Our expertise in multidimensional GCxGC, laboratory automation
and turnkey gas analysers is constantly evolving through use of cutting edge
analytical technology and techniques. We have very close relationships with our
customers across a diverse range of industrial and research sectors.
Due to the need for expansion, JSB UK & Ireland are currently seeking a Field
Service Engineer to join their team of talented staff. You will be involved with the
installation and servicing of instrumentation and, with time and experience,
development and construction of customised systems and software. You will also
act as a technical link between the business and customers to maintain our high
level of customer satisfaction. This is a home based role that will require frequent
travel across the UK, Ireland and occasionally further overseas. A company car,
laptop, phone and tools are provided as well as a generous pension scheme. You
will also receive training on the Agilent Technologies platforms of instrumentation
and software as required.
What are the responsibilities?
- Be responsible for servicing, installing, training customers to operate and
provide technical support on the analytical solutions we deliver.
- Provide these services on and off site as required by the business.
- Work under your own initiative with minimal supervision whilst providing
the highest levels of customer service possible.
- Troubleshoot difficult instrumentation problems and provide excellent
communication with the business and customers whilst doing so.
- Willing to build sales knowledge to promote JSB, Agilent Technologies and
CTC Analytics PAL products, services and consumables during your duties.
- Provide input and ideas to help develop new applications and solutions.
- Assist with solution development or testing at one of our sites in
Birmingham or Oxfordshire.
- Organise your own travel arrangements to complete your tasks (all
business travel is expensed).
- Maintain your solid knowledge of relevant Agilent Technologies
instrumentation and software portfolio through e-learning and other
Who are we looking for?
Experience with gas and liquid chromatography is preferred but not essential.
Attitude and aptitude are the most important factors. The successful candidate
Enjoy problem solving and lateral thinking. Have a basic comprehension of
laboratory analytical instrumentation. Naturally build strong relationships with
customers and internal staff. Enjoy a high degree of variety in their job.
- Be self-motivated and poses a strong desire to continually learn and
develop their skills.
- Successfully work alone but also as part of a small team.
- Hold a full driving license, valid passport and enjoy driving and travelling.
- Have strong organisational and communication skills.
- Be competent in using Microsoft Windows, Excel and other relevant Office
- Ideally have a scientific or engineering based degree level qualification.
- Preferably have experience with GC, GC/MS or other separation based
- Basic electronics is an advantage.
If you are seeking a role with a high level of variation and want to have a voice
in a creative and innovative organisation, you could be the person we are looking
The JSB Group is an equal opportunities employer.
UNIT 25 | Graylands Estate
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham
West Sussex RH12 4QD | UK
T. +44 (0) 162 885 4565