As a Staff Database Engineer and Administrator, you'll work closely with our leadership team to build the DEA group. You'll be a "player-coach," focused on attracting and developing talent, but also staying hands-on to oversee the DEA footprint across enterprise and product considerations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with engineering teams on logical / physical database design to support new and existing application development. Maintain data models and keep them current.
- Design and develop schema, indexes, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Develop database specifications, data dictionary, design/coding standards, and complementary documentation.
- Performs problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Analyze SQL query plans and leverage diagnostic tools to identify performance bottlenecks, and take appropriate corrective actions to remediate.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business processes facilitated by our software products.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, services, and supporting tooling.
- Conceptualize, plan and design installations in standalone and clustered environments.
- Evaluate the merits/ benefits of available system upgrades and enhancements - implement as necessary.
- Commit to achieve 5 9’s up-time of all OLTP production databases.
- Build HA and DR systems using Failover Clustered instances, Availability Groups, Multi-site clusters and Replication across geo-diverse data centers.
- Work with Engineering teams and Technical Operations in reviewing and preparing database deployments.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and code reviews.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server architecture – engine, query processing, query optimization, locking etc.
- Work as part of a team and provide after-hours support when required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of Architecture/SQL Engineering in-depth experience with SQL Server 2012+.
- Majority of experience must be associated with supporting 24x7 OLTP and data warehouse/BI environments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server architecture – engine, query processing, query optimization, locking etc.
- Experience automating the execution and notification of database related processes and alerts.
- SQL Server Multi-site cluster experience is a huge plus.
- Knowledgeable regarding storage systems.
- Possess some experience with security and encryption.
- MCSA/MCSE a plus.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: Y7
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£65,000.00 per year
- Data Warehouse/BI: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 10 years (Required)