As a Barclays BI Developer you will be part of the development and automation testing of in- house products. You will have an exciting opportunity to assist in the management of an Enterprise Backlog by using your expert technical knowledge. You will also be using best coding practices and helping ensure they are adhered to via code-reviews.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Providing mentoring to more junior members of the development team and wider IT community
- Hands-on development working in an Agile SCRUM team
- Taking responsibility for full life cycle development
- Maintain and manage Source Control and Continuous Integration environment
- Participate with Solutions/ Application architecture and design
- Provide development estimates as part of the Agile SCRUM team
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies
Skills that will help you in the role:
- SQL Developer with an understanding of Database Administration, SQL Server 2012, SQL Integration Services, SQL Reporting Services
- Source Control Management (ideally Git or Mercurial)
- Test first development (BDD, TDD, ATDD)
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks & tooling (e.g. NUnit, xUnit, MBUnit, MSTest)
- Test automation (functional with Gherkin/ SpecFlow, Selenium, performance, etc.)
- Solutions/ Application architecture and design
- DevOps activities (e.g. virtualization, build/ deploy scripts and tools – TFS & Jenkins)
- NoSql databases (e.g. cloud storage, MongoDB, Couchbase)
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.