Bouygues E&S is recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join the project team focusing on an Energy From Waste facility in Belfast.
This role would suit a Mechanical Technician with experience of Plant maintenance.
Accountabilities and key tasks:
1. To ensure plant mechanical systems are maintained to the highest standards in order to achieve maximum plant availability, safety and compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
2. To adhere and work to standard Jobplans , Method statements, Work instructions, Procedures, Risk Assessments , Safe Systems of Work in the CMMS and BMS.
3.Work closely and collaborate with the operation Shift Team Leaders, other discipline engineers and contractors to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified.
4. Carry out fault diagnosis on all mechanical equipment, effect immediate repairs and maintain accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS. 5. To carry out risk assessments, method statements, provide self supervision , manage and direct on site contractors when required. 6. To analyse persistent plant breakdowns and suggest cost effective and efficient solutions or plant improvements .
7. To support the Engineering Manager in outage planning, and Management . 8. To develop and manage the register of platforms, walkways, edge protection, handrails, lifting equipment , ladders/portable scaffold, harnesses and lanyards to ensure fitness of purpose and compliance with respective legal requirements at all times.
9. To be responsible for the cleaning, safety of workshop equipment and implementation of 5S methodology at all times.
Who we are looking for:
- Mechanical building services qualification (Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent)
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Familiar with Plant equipment including steam boilers, turbines, generators, combustion chambers, conveyors, HVAC and Gas systems
- Some knowledge of Plant Electrical systems
- Competent user of IT systems
- Experience working in EFW
- Knowledge of technical standards including ISO9001,14001 & OHSAS18001
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues E&S delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues E&S is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Bouygues E&S is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bouygues E&S values your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details.
If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions. There is no need to include your address or contact details on your CV, because we will ask you to provide them on the application form.