Airways Optical is part of the Specsavers Group, a global leader in ophthalmic eyecare. We are seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join our highly successful Southampton manufacturing team, working on the weekend shift 0700-1900 hours Saturday and Sunday plus 12 hours on one day in the week which can be either Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will actively contribute to the achievement of the company's Quality & Service goals and continuous improvement culture by ensuring that process critical equipment is maintained and cared for at all times. This is a busy and challenging environment, and both perseverance and flexibility in approach will be required to be successful in this position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Essential Skills are:
- Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance: Undertake maintenance, diagnosis, repair, trouble-shooting and reconditioning activities on a range of machinery, maintaining all key services to Production including Facilities.
- Defect Rectification: Identify and diagnose equipment and system faults. Implement countermeasures, analyse fault data and recommend root cause improvement activity
- Spare Part and Material Control: Provide input on parts and stock levels to hold in stores
- A proven background in maintenance working on automated machinery is essential.
- Multi-skilled in a wide variety of maintenance areas.
- Ability to diagnose faults and solve problems in a wide variety of mechanical, pneumatics and (if qualified) electrical systems.
- Understanding of work based instructions, manuals, and drawings.
- Flexibility to undertake various preventative maintenance or breakdown duties as required.
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team in a positive manner
- Good level of dexterity
- Working calmly under pressure and to a deadline
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
- GCSE qualification or equivalent in Maths & English
- Minimum NVQ level 2 Engineering Maintenance or equivalent
Please apply today for further information. Closing date for applications is 28th February