We are looking for a data driven developer / technical marketer who enjoys looking for ways to grow our customer base, experimenting and iterating through ideas to impact, and measuring the success of changes. You do need some development experience, but if you simply want to code then this role isn’t a fit. You need to have a real passion for being data driven and owning the success of our marketing alongside our wider marketing team.
You’ll be responsible for refining and extending our marketing stack, from generating traffic through to trial signup and adoption of Capsule.
We invest in quality tools and data. Our marketing stack currently includes:
- Jekyll for a code driven approach to our marketing website
- Google Analytics and Google Optimize
- Google Data Studio
A typical workday could involve any of the following:
- Defining an A/B experiment for our marketing website, sign up flow or onboarding experience and then implementing those changes
- Implementing stronger data insights and dashboards through tools like Google Analytics and Pendo, and combining with data feeds from services like Clearbit.
- Configuring marketing automations with tools like Mixpanel and Zapier
- Optimising the website for better search engine traffic
- Connecting our marketing stack with advertising platforms to enable retargeting etc.
- Working with our marketing and design teams to support a broad set of marketing projects
- Researching and adding new tools to our marketing stack
- Always taking an ethical approach to our marketing without resorting to dark patterns
- Opportunities to work on our broader customer platform and to learn new development skills
We also have a full time data scientist to work with when you need advanced help with data analysis or experimental techniques.
As a business, we are passionate about creating a great experience for our customers, and we’d like everyone in our team to see the world from a customer perspective. Everyone on our development team is assigned to work alongside our friendly customer facing teams for one week every few months. During this week, you’ll help resolve technical issues for customers and support third party developers who are using our API. You’ll be supported with a buddy when you need help getting to the bottom of an issue or raising it with the wider team.
If you would like to take part in development or marketing community events we would love to encourage you. We’ll support you with time to prepare and sponsor events where you are presenting.
Working with us
Small and friendly world-class team
Ship changes almost every day
Highly competitive salaries
Flexible working hours
Work from our office in Manchester, UK
25 days paid annual leave in addition to the stat holidays
The best kit for the job (which usually means lots of Apple gear)
Monthly eBook allowance with a Kindle
Recruitment agency policy:
We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.