My tier 1 investment banking client is looking for an expert Java Developer, someone who can design and develop functional enhancements for middle tier (Java) including introduction of new technologies (such as Spring Integration Framework) and best practices.
Location - Belfast
Duration - 6 months initially
Daily rate - £400 - £460
- 10 years of experience in Java 7/8.
- Atleast 7 years of experience working with Spring (Core,Integration, Batch)/Hibernate and Messaging technologies like MQ,KAKFA/ActiveMQ and proven experience with using them in a large scale environment.
- Knowledge of handling high data volumes (ETL) using Spring Batch,Multi Threading, Job Scheduling.
- Solid knowledge of SQL in the context of a major RDBMS such as DB2, UDB, Oracle.
- Good to have knowledge and experience in Big data - HBASE and Impala concepts.
- Experienced with XML parsing (including schemas), JSON and third party libraries like Gauva, lombok.
- Well versed with design standards & frameworks; experience in working on multiple technologies.
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Methodologies - Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven Development.
- Tools - Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Maven, TeamCity, Jenkins, JIRA and automated testing tools like Junit
- Excellent project management, time management, verbal and written communications skills, as the job entails simultaneously managing multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive attitude, ability to run projects with minimal direction given the geographically distributed nature of the team
- Provide SME support and assist in answering any client queries with respect to applications' core capabilities.
- The candidate will work with our business partners and analysts to understand the operational processes, to help translate the business requirements to technical design, develop solutions and deliver high quality code.
- The developer is expected to be a Senior Development Member of the team with strong Java UI and back-end experience as well as having proven ability in how to approach, design and build enterprise-level solutions who is also ready to step up to the next level and also assume some leadership responsibilities.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy