Competitive Salary & Benefits
Exciting opportunity to join our thriving Flood Risk and Drainage team in Perth.
Waterman Group plc is a leading international multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Due to sustained business growth we are looking for a Flood Risk / Drainage Engineer to join our expanding team in Perth. With an exciting and varied project portfolio, this is your chance to join a team at the forefront of Civil Engineering in Scotland and help deliver on an array of project and schemes across all sectors.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree qualified (or similar) in a relevant subject area (Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Water/Wastewater Management)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working within the engineering industry.
- Graduate member with a relevant professional body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM).
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant industry software (e.g AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and HecRas).
- Knowledge of general Civil Engineering, including roads and level design.
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation, Policy and Design Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies for a wide range of developments, in both the public and private sectors.
- Undertaking Hydrological Assessments to determine watercourse flows and catchment runoff.
- Assist the wider team to undertake hydraulic flood modelling to support flood risk studies.
- Preparation of drainage impact assessments and drainage strategies.
- Assist the wider team with drainage network modelling (using Micro Drainage).
- Undertake site visits and survey supervision (both greenfield and construction sites).
- Scope and coordinate topographic surveys.
- Data collation.
- Report writing.
- Under consultations with regulators and statutory consultees.
- Liaison with clients, colleagues and regulators.