Advert People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Description As the world becomes increasingly more digitalised, the importance of data and the understanding of it grows day by day. The Big Data & Analytics team works daily with billions of rows of data from many different sources, applying cutting edge Data Science techniques, leveraging Big Data, Machine Learning and Data Integration technologies to discover a brand new understanding of Sage’s FinTech world. Our work is quite literally changing the way Sage views and engages with its customers.
We are looking for a data engineer who is passionate about data science and machine learning. You will be a key member of the team charged with shaping Sage’s understanding of its data, discovering creative solutions to solve complex problems, building pipelines that draw upon a broad range of disparate sources, delivering insight and understanding. Working along-side other team members, you will learn and gain hands-on experience of the methodologies and technologies used to discover new approaches, opportunities, and insight to data. You will not just apply out-of-the-box models, you will gain a knowledge of how they work, when they work and why they work.
Core to the role, you will have passion, and motivation for all things Data Science and Machine Learning whilst appreciating that learning is a key part of the role, just as is the confidence to suggest recommendations and effectively communicate results to different groups and stakeholders.
Innovation will be at the heart of this role, and as such you will continually demonstrate the sharing of new idea, suggest opportunities and better ways of working.
Key Responsibilities Key Responsibilities:
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Contribute to the data analysis and development of effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Support the design and implementation of reporting dashboards that present key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Present findings to the wider team and/or organisation
- Identify insights, suggest recommendations that influence the direction of the business
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help develop the team
Key performance indicators:
- Experience utilising statistical and machine learning technique either as part of a degree or personal project, including qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression, pattern recognition, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Experience with SQL and Python
- Experience in presenting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and/or groups
- Experience in problem solving
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Deliver robust data analytical and machine learning solutions
- Currently has or obtaining a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related field)
- Experience as a Programmer - Python, Java, C# or other language