£28,000-£30,000 plus benefits.
My clients are a long established cutting tool company who enjoy a global presence within the industry. They seek an Applications Engineer to work mostly internally from their Midlands based premises.
The role involves offering Technical support on the entire company product range. Extensive training is given.
The successful candidate will provide technical assistance to customers in the form of basic application analysis, product failure and troubleshooting analysis, product recommendations and controlled product testing. You will initiate conceptual special tool designs, along with corresponding quotation initiation, to meet specific requirements of the customer. There will be some external travel to customer premises.
It will also involve using a CNC Machining Centre during Technical Education Seminars so a milling background is preferable.
Career Progression is on offer for ambitious and determined engineers who want to join an organisation where they can grow and develop. This is an ideal role for an engineer who wants to move off the shop floor into something more commercial where training is provided and genuine opportunities exist further down the line.
- Internal / External Technical Product Support
- Generation of quotations and demonstration reports
- Customer Training
- Using the companies CRM (customer database) to update quotations, demon reports and technical enquiries.
- Product Failure / Troubleshooting Analysis
- Participate in Tool Shows
- On site cutting tool support
- Travel overseas for training when required
Preferred skill and Knowledge requirements
- Engineering qualification (HNC, HND, EITB, NVQ, Graduate)
- Knowledge and experience of Engineering practice and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting cutting tool failure
- Experience of using manual lathes and milling/boring machines
- Programming and Setting CNC Machine tools.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident in working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Language skills preferred but not essential
Salary will be dependent on experience and technical ability. Full training on offer.