JOB TITLE – Graduate Trainee (Operations Support Graduate Engineer)
LOCATION – South (Key sites in Southampton, Melksham, London)
GRADUATE STREAM - Role Specific
SALARY - £27,000
We are resourcing the world. We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources. We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources. To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate to join our Industrial Customers South team as part of the Graduate Development Programme. Over the course of the 2 year programme, you will be gaining valuable exposure to hands-on operational activities; with the aim to develop you into a future Operational Manager, capable of running Waste, Water and Energy contracts.
This will involve:
- Hands-on operational experience of a water/effluent plant, working alongside Boiler Engineers and Waste Operatives
- Technical and Commercial projects - investigating, developing and executing improvement opportunities; including project management experience
- Opportunities to act up as Supervisor, developing leadership and management skills
- Exposure to support services, e.g. HR/ER, IT, Finance
About your Development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort. You will be supported in this by our People Development team. You will also receive further technical training specific to your role.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical / Electrical Engineering (2:1 minimum by September 2020)
- Problem solving mindset and ability to get stuck in
- Willingness to engage in practical tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work well with others and take up a leadership position
- Full, clean driving licence
You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment and be able to take up permanent employment with the company. You’ll also need a full driving license on starting employment. During the recruitment process you’ll be required to provide original documentation.
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00 /year