In a Project Leader job at Parexel, you’ll help deliver sponsor projects and programs on time and on budget. You’ll develop and implement detailed project plans that reflect core objectives, prevent risk, and deliver results in compliance with SOPs, ICH, GCP and other guidelines. Help support the development of advances and treatments that are changing lives. Explore Project Leader jobs at Parexel.
Parexel Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of Parexel International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Program Manager you will be responsible for the management and leadership of complex /programs related to Parexel’s Randomization and Trial Supply Management solution. Agile software development methodology is used and in this position, you will play the role of a Release Train Engineer and you will focus on supporting Parexel's business and engineering teams. As part of this you will be responsible for the adherence of good agile practice across multiple agile release trains within the program. You will also maintain traditional program management responsibilities related to scope definition and product delivery.
- Encourages the proliferation of Agile best practices between different teams.
- Mentors and coaches Agile teams and team facilitators.
- Measures the performance of agile teams to identify improvement areas and executes necessary training/workshops to address the gaps .
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Selects methods and tools, using iterative techniques where appropriate, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a program from contract /proposal initiation to final operational stage including the transition into “business-as-usual”,
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the program to various relevant stakeholder using a variety of appropriate communication methods.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Promotes collaboration between business and engineering teams and builds strong working relationships.
- Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change.
- Evaluates risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted).
- Advises on financial planning and budgeting.
- Develops financial plans and forecasts.
- Monitors and manages expenditure, ensuring that all financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances.
- BS/MS in Business/Engineering or applicable discipline
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification desired
- Agile Certification desired
- Scaled Agile Certification desired
Knowledge and Experience:
- High level of business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, timeline, budget, risk, etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to determine level and method of communication required for diverse audience, and ability to adapt communication style
- Demonstrates significant levels of initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while working in fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Project and other project management tools and methodologies, including knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan; etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to engage in Strategic thinking and decision making beyond the project level
- Interpersonal skills and patience
- Strong proven project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables
- Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer experience required
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Agile Project Management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Feature Driven Development, etc).
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-cycle
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated history and success managing multiple, complex software development projects
- Demonstrated history of contributing to process improvements & building successful teams
- Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical Industry/Management of Clinical Trials/Drug preferred
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!