About the role
Responsible for BBV design technical assurance from a risk & assumption management perspective. Setup risk & assumption management processes, associated reporting and production of technical assurance deliverables. Monitor, support and audit and improve the application of the risk & assumption and associated processes.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team; providing risk & assumption management support to the BBV technical assurance team and interfacing with the client and other stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
Implement an integrated design technical assurance management system in line with all other information requirements.
- Ensure BBVs design team manage and fulfil technical and contractual requirements, including environmental minimum requirements in the aspects of risks and assumptions.
- Work in accordance with the BBV Design Management Plan, BBV Technical Assurance Management Plan and BBV Information Management Plan.
- Training of Design Team to the processes related to risks and assumptions.
- Monitor, support and audit and improve the application of the design risks and assumptions processes.
- Oversee the performance of the BBV Design and Engineering team for risks and assumptions and output quality.
- Work as a team with BBV Design assurance and certification and Information management teams
- Coordinate on an active basis with other BBV departments including construction as well as BBV’s supply chain.
- Work collaboratively with HS2 and HS2 stakeholders
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Qualified Chartered Engineer or similar equivalent, with multi-disciplinary breadth
- Experienced in risk & assumption management on major civil engineering projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the construction environment for safe and timely buildable designs
- Experience of working with a major design consultancy and major contractor
- Highly organised with good management and coordination skills
- BBV behaviours, respecting equality and diversity
- Leading teams, people management skills, effective delegation, mentoring & coaching and developing others
- 8 years relevant experience
- Large scale linear project experience (eg rail, highway or similar).
- Experience and confidence to constructively challenge to optimise design solutions which balance project requirements, risks and constraints
- SMSTS or similar
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
56 culverts and other under-bridges;
66 embankments reaching over 33km;
Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.